A Home for a Time….
Stop by Hospitality House on any given day and you’ll experience a warm, welcoming place where residents go about daily life, freely, easily. Here, a resident presses an outfit for work tomorrow. There, several others gather for popcorn and a movie. Across the hall, a resident emails a friend or puts the finishing touches on her resume. Just like home….
- A dormitory for nine women
- Great Room with kitchen, dining and living areas
- Bathrooms with showers, soaps and shampoos
- Home-cooked dinners catered each evening by volunteer meal providers; a refrigerator stocked with the makings for healthy breakfasts and lunches
- A safe, relaxed place to call home for up to three months
- And as residents prepare to leave the shelter, they receive a completion certificate and “starter kit” of kitchen and bathroom essentials to help celebrate the day
From motivational life skills taught by a professional instructor to self- care tips offered by a Community Health Nurse, Hospitality House provides everything a woman needs for physical, mental and spiritual health.
- Professional case management staff help residents find employment, improve skills, overcome substance abuse, etc.
- Daytime workshops, featuring feel-good facials, haircuts, or knitting lessons or help with completing basic health applications or writing resumes, are offered by volunteers from the community. For more information about the workshops offered click here.
- Weekly visits by a Community Health Nurse help address each woman’s health concerns. An apple a day can be plucked fresh from the fruit bowl in the kitchen!